USA Baked Brie & Cranberry Dip
Ring in the new year with this simple yet elegant baked brie and cranberry dip!
There’s nothing more festive (or simple) than a beautiful baked brie with the bright and tart flavors of seasonal cranberries. But when you’re feeding a crowd, a wheel of brie can be difficult to serve and cools quickly. That’s why we love this easy big-batch brie dip that has all of those winter flavors in an easy to serve dish! Plus, this appetizer can be reheated quickly, so you and your guests never miss out on that gooey first bite.
Not only is the appetizer beautiful, but it couldn’t be more simple to throw together. The combination of cubed brie, cream cheese, and salty Gruyere gives this dip unique flavor and texture with hints of fresh orange cranberry sauce mixed throughout. For a creamier texture, we recommend removing most of the rind of the brie, but it’s not required. Just cube the cream cheese and brie and scatter it in the baking dish. If you’d like the dip more uniform, feel free to bake the cheeses and give them a good stir before adding the cranberry sauce. Or, just toss everything in and bake until melted and bubbly!
Serve this dish with plenty of soft French bread rounds, rosemary crackers, or even your favorite crispy veggie sticks. Cheers!
Baked Brie & Cranberry Dip Recipe
- 12 oz Triple Cream Brie
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 4 oz Gruyere, shredded
- 2 cups Whole Cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 1 Whole Cinnamon Stick
- 1 French Baguette, sliced into rounds
- Preheat oven to 400F. Combine water, brown sugar, and orange juice in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Stir frequently.
- Once the sugar is melted, add the cranberries, orange zest, and cinnamon stick and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for five minutes or until the berries burst and the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife gently remove the rind from the brie and slice into two-inch cubes. Slice the cream cheese into small cubes and arrange both cheeses in the USA plate, then sprinkle with shredded gruyere and drizzle with prepared cranberry sauce; discard the cinnamon stick.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Gently swirl with a knife to mix the cheeses; serve immediately with French bread.
Leave a comment